- This event has passed.
Training at West Hawk – OW, PPB, S&R
July 25, 2015 @ 8:00 am - July 26, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
Courses being offered;
Open Water Certification; spots are still available for this weekend, stop in the store or call us at 204-257-2822 to book a spot.
Peak Performance Buoyancy; During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
- Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
- Hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal.
Search and Recovery Diver; Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.